The Befores

8:13 PM

We're already drowning in over ten projects we've started, but haven't finished, which is typical with us. We know this. We admit this.


When we moved away we took a marital oath, an oath that stated we'd never start another project again until the current project was finished - tools put away in their proper places, paintbrushes and trowels washed out and stored, extra materials sold or disposed of properly.

Have we succeeded? The soup can watering three different paint brushes in our spare bathroom and the wall with half wallpaper and half exposed drywall and the fifteen still UNOPENED boxes of who knows what say that, no, we have not kept our oath and we never will and CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER, MASS HYSTERIA. I guess we thrive on chaos.

Anyway, it also means there's no order or system or organization anywhere around here and I'm going crazy. There's no great segue into these pictures of the home when we first moved in, so I'll just shutup and get to them.

The master bedroom, with some awesome curtains and the 'carpet with a thousand stains'. Funny story with this room, too, but I"ll save it for later.


The only part of the master bath that isn't carpeted


The kitchen, which I actually love, except for the linoleum floors, which I actually hate


Guest bathroom


You can't tell in this picture, but the wallpaper border is papered on top of wallpaper which has been painted over which equals so much fun





Okay - poll: do I paint the brick and leave the wood built-ins alone or paint the built-ins and leave the brick alone? The wood trim is staying everywhere else.


I have a closer picture of that crooked rose chandelier because it's awesome, and now it's awesome at the Salvation Army with those curtains


Bathroom carpet! Yellowed sinks! Weird hangy light fixtures!


We think this blue shag was the original carpet of the house. We've already torn it out (project number 8) so more on that later.


This is what I mean by chaos everywhere #crying #nomoremovingever



But does this house have potential or does this house have potential?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poll answer :}: I would totally leave the wood trim. Classic and Beautiful. Also I would probably paint the brick white and the back of the shelves white.... or possibly just paint the back of the shelves white, or just the brick white :}, lol. Love your blog and that house is awesome! So much potential for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you changed the mantle and painted that red behind the shelves to a white as was suggested above it would be perfect. If you do that and then want to paints something else in that area you can. The problem with painting either the brick or the wood is that once it is done you can't go back. I love the spaces you have though. There are some things that need to be done but the wood flooring and wood trim is beautiful. What a great place! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an awesome before and after the other day where they white washed the brick and painted the trim white. LOVE this house, btw! Can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm with bev. And I love the linoleum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the woodwork throughout the home and all the character and charm it has. New homes just don't have that! There is SO much that you can do with this house!

    ReplyDelete