Lela Elise

12:19 PM






Lela Elise arrived Sunday morning, April 17th at 8:35 a.m. weighing in at 7 pounds 7 ounces and pretty perfect in every way.




My epidural worked this time, which was a first for me, and EPIDURALS! I love epidurals! The delivery was magically peaceful and pain-free. Her demeanor has since reflected the mood of the delivery, and I've noticed this trend with my three others (is it just my kids?).



We had a heck of a time naming her. I was stuck on Maggie, Shane wanted Eliza and neither would cave. We had to get creative when the birth certificate rep told us we had one hour to decide or we'd have to fill out and send her paperwork from home, and I know myself well enough to know that'd mean she'd never have a birth certificate. We compromised on Lela (pronounced Leela), after my great grandma Lela and great grandpa Leland. It's growing on us, although the kids still call her Maggie after referring to her as Maggie for the last 5 months.

She's sleeping well, eating well, and fitting in to the groove well, although I just puked in my mouth a little bit thinking that I just referred to it as a "groove" and that I actually have FOUR FRICKIN CHILDREN. Am I old enough to do that even?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. my children reflect their deliveries too! My two most difficult- stubborn who were super late and refused to come are both super stubborn. My sons was quiet and painless- just like him, and my Mari was super quick, accommodating and fun just like her. She is a beauty! Welcome to the world of four kids. And her names is super sweet too!

    ReplyDelete