Project house, project rental, project truck

1:31 PM

Oh, life's about as good as it can be with:

a) a project house that's always messy and something's torn up

b) a project rental that needed new tile in the bathroom and kitchen, which is what Shane's been doing for the past three days. We DO have the best renters ever though - Shane's cousin and his wife - who help us and are so chill I can't even stand it. When they move I'll cry.

c) a project truck Shane bought from a hillbilly named Jammie that needs new brakes, new upholstery, new everything. When we first looked at the truck there was dog poop on the floor. Nuff said.

d) a 24 week old baby in my 34-week-looking abdomen

BUT I'm finally starting to see the work paying off in our home.

Christmas was beautiful and hot and humid here. We spent a few days with family in Virginia, and then spent the rest of the holiday here with our little family. Nothing was perfect. I felt sick, the girls had cold sniffles and hadn't slept a full night's sleep in a week and my wrapping job was not up to par, but the kids seemed to enjoy their presents. The ham I bought for Christmas dinner went in the freezer and we settled for pizza on the grill and some house projects that we'd been neglecting.

My kids haven't been schooled in what seems like an eternity. Logan and Shane have been doing some small things to keep up on math, and we've been reading books together and reviewing our memorization every night. Santa needed to send me a native french and latin speaking genius math tutor, a Mary Poppins type. No such luck this year. Trying again next year.


Logan, just before our tree fell over and most of the ornaments shattered.


After the pick-up. Good grief, Charlie Brown.
p.s. I'm going to paint that brick fireplace white. Not even Shane can stop me.


These were taken right after we tore out the stinky carpet (with no pad?) in the guest room and replaced it with oak flooring. The walls were pink. With flat paint. Gag.





And after our paint job. There are still many MANY things to be done to the guest room, so I won't official call these "after" photos, but progress!

Still on the list: trim and doors painted (they only had one coat of flat paint!), nighstand, desk, curtains and window treatments, window box cushion, another light fixture, closet organization and wall art.



We inherited these chickens from a family moving to New Mexico and they're Emmie's favorite Christmas present.






While I was in Utah for a month, my friends bought me this shirt, which I now live in. And there's a bump pic.








You Might Also Like

0 comments