We've Arrived

11:20 AM

It's fascinating to think that only six weeks ago we were swinging our girls and eating a hot 'n ready at a park in Provo, Utah when an unidentified number from North Carolina popped up on Shane's phone.

He answered.

Now we live here.

We live in this house on this property we fell in love with over the internet.

When we flew out to see it, we knew it was ours.

Acreage! Pastures! Barn! Bridge! Lightning bugs!

Aaaaaand a 1970's home with carpet in the bathrooms and smelly wallpaper errwhere. This blog is to document it's transformation, though years it will surely take.

So, as Sarah Koenig says, stay with us.


The 1970's house




The 1970's barn, equipped with his and her bathroom stalls (no joke), a saloon door, and two murphy picnic tables




 The bridge that leads to the log cabin


THIS log cabin, built with logs from the property




The creek, full of snapping turtles and toads and probably snakes, but let's not go there


The fire pit




Grape vines (!!!)


Apples trees (!!!!!!)


The backside of our house, taken ten minutes after that 100 ft pine was felled


The pasture


An old, restored outhouse soon to be a chicken coop, more than likely


See that bunny? We have tons of little ex-domestic bunnies hopping around, chomping on clover


The backyard pool, our sanctuary


Backyard deck


You ain't southern unless you have a magnolia tree in your yard, but don't laugh that I still call it a steel magnolia tree







Our lane


Our neighbor's cow who lives at our place


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Well, since the internet ate my original comment, I'll try and recreate it! This is perfect and my dream. I can totally see why you guys fell in love over the internet, because I just did too. I can't wait to see what you do with it! It has great bones and with your impeccable taste, amazing things are going to happen. I'm so happy for you and your cute family. Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I wish you could fly over and help me. I need some of your impeccable taste!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through a friend's comment on your Facebook post and I am in love with this life! Wild, open spaces...I will be following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Let's be friends :)

      Delete
  3. Hello! Not that your house in Heber wasn't great, but you'd have to pry me out of a place like that. Can't wait to watch the changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's true but I miss that ol Heber house something fierce. You guys are lucky to be there

      Delete
  4. Come back to Heber! I don't see any Nananell at your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment made me cry. If you could just come live at our place, then it would be perfect. I hate that it's so far away

      Delete
  5. Umm gorgeous! Love everything about it, minus the smelly wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Jealous!!! I'm also sad that you are gone, but SUPER happy for you!!! I think the bathroom carpet and smelly wallpaper would be the first two things to go if it were me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made Adam sit with me to read this here blog and look at the pics. We are both intensely impressed. Can't wait for future posts, you are living the dream indeed! Really really missing you here tho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an adventure!! It's beautiful in every way and I'm sure you'll have that cute farmhouse up to speed in no time. Livin' the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place. I want to hear all about how you found such a perfect place, the new job and all. I can't wait til next summer when we can come out. If the Log Cabin liveable as well? How far are you from town? I just am anxious to hear all about your wonderful adventure for you and your family. You will be greatly missed here in the west though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, that property has ticks, snakes, and mosquitos! Who would want to be there on that dang property anyway! Please come back home to Heber! I need, I need, I need!

    ReplyDelete