The Atlantic, Sharks and Children

5:13 AM

A perk to living on the East Coast is surely the East Coast and the warm Atlantic, which is only a short drive from our farmhouse.

You know who else loves the warm waters of the Atlantic?

Yeah, this year there have been an unusual number of shark attacks here, go figure.  I was trying to tell my brother, who was visiting from Utah and was avoiding the water, that the chances of shark attacks are still so low, like one in a million. "Right," he said. "But my chances of getting attacked if I stay on the shore are zero".

Can't argue with that.










My sister in law, Liz, looking so posh (it's a girlllll!)














Two weekends at the beach, and we STILL can't persuade this girl to pee in the ocean!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. LOL, the whole limb thing was my worry too :) People kept telling me in Australia how rare it was for people to die from shark attacks. My feelings were that I was pretty attached to all 4 limbs. When we were there we kept hearing about people loosing a leg or an arm. I still got in the ocean and I still do but I never felt completely at ease.

    ReplyDelete